The holiday season is fast approaching and we have scheduled our holiday networker for Thursday, December 10th at le Meridien- Stoneleigh Hotel on Maple. Watch your email for an invite.
You’ll also be getting more news on Social Enterprise University, which also starts on December 10th. A robust group of hands on sessions, strategically designed to help you build your social enterprise and develop your goals for a successful 2016, we’ve kept the price affordable and the quality outstanding. This is a great opportunity to learn from some of the best instructors in the Dallas Metroplex, about what Social Enterprise is, how to start one and all of the steps one needs to take to bring successful outcomes.
Social Enterprise Alliance National and our North Texas chapter have encountered many changes and challenges in its growth in the last few years. We have new leadership, new programs, a new look , even a new location, National has moved from Minneapolis to Nashville, a vibrant community of social entrepreneurs and social enterprises ; a robust new membership process, as well as a new user friendly, innovative web site that really puts you in touch with this growing movement.
These changes have and will continue to impact our North Texas chapter for the better, and you’ll be hearing more about these changes as they take place. If you’re not a member yet, you’ll want to be part of the value belonging gives.
Change is sure a constant. The social enterprise community certainly reflects this. Our community is growing as more social enterprises are formed. These welcome changes will keep us moving forward in our pursuit of excellence and innovation.
At the heart of all our relationships. We value yours and hope we see you during the holidays and join our community of vibrant entrepreneurs who make an impact on society and making a difference for the public good.
From the SEA website, some background on who we are and what we do below, visit socialenterprise.us, for information on membership, the marketplace, resources and the exciting changes going on you don’t want to miss.
Hope to see you at our holiday networker and at SE University.
Since its inception as the National Gathering for Social Entrepreneurs in 1998, the Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA) has been the champion and key catalyst for the development of the social enterprise sector in the United States.
Our vision is for social enterprise to reach its potential as a force for more effective and sustainable social impact. We empower social enterprises with the tools and resources they need to succeed, and work to foster a social enterprise ecosystem in which they can thrive.
Social Enterprise Alliance is the platform for such organizations and the individuals who dedicate themselves to social progress through social enterprise. We support our members and ultimately advance the field by:
Providing a platform for social entrepreneurs and social enterprises
- Members of SEA can leverage the Member Directory, Job and Events Board, and Online Marketplace to connect with peers, promote opportunities and sell their products and services more effectively than ever before.
Building national and local social enterprise networks
- With 1,100+ members and 16 chapters across 42 states, SEA is the largest network of social entrepreneurs and social enterprise practitioners in the United States.
Convening the field
- SEA’s annual Summit is the most prominent social enterprise convening in the United States and has brought together leaders, practitioners, and newcomers from the field since 1998.
Curating and sharing knowledge to build capacity
- Through a variety of offerings including the SE Toolbelt Knowledge Center of 20,000+ publications, the most widely-read social enterprise newsletter and monthly expert webinars, SEA is the go-to source for the intellectual capital which fuels social enterprise.
Developing the ecosystem
- Through national partnerships, SEA makes the case for social enterprise and works to create an ecosystem in which social enterprises can thrive.
See you on the 10th!